Monday, February 8, 2021

Stone Age

I've visited quite a few medieval castles and ruins, but some of the most memorable places that I've visited have been Neolithic.  Places like Stonehenge, Avebury, Skara Brae, and Hetty Pegler's Tump.  There is just something about getting on your hands and knees to crawl into a stone age burial mound and to be alone in the burial chambers that leaves an impression.

One of the burial chambers in the Uley Long Barrow.  I did not see a barrow wight.


I've been toying with the idea of a campaign set in a stone age setting instead of medieval fantasy setting.  I could use the bulk of the Crowfield rules, though the magic system would need some tweaks to feel right.  Even though it's technically the wrong time period, I bet GURPS Ice Age would be a useful sourcebook.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting idea! Do you know what kind of campaign setup you'd use, or the general story idea?

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, we've had a recent increase in spam. To address this, I've turned on comment moderation for posts that are over a week old. You can still comment (please do!), but the comment might be invisible until I make it public. This will usually be within 24 hours. Sorry.