Monday, March 16, 2020

About me, early 2020

In my very first post I mentioned a friend who blogged about mountain unicycling. Even though he's not into gaming, he used to follow this blog, which was helpful because he would point out my inevitable typos.

I made my last couple posts, and noticed that he didn't say anything about them. I assumed that my recent 2 year "blog fade" caused him to unsubscribe under the theory that I would never post again. I mentioned it to him, and he said that he did get notification, but that my recent posts were "so outside my interests I didn't think it made sense to stay subscribed." That made sense to me, because he's not a gamer and my recent posts have been about "gaming" and not about "me."

So what's new with me, the Vagabond GM?

The sad truth is that I haven't gamed in a long, long time.

I had a tabletop group back in 2015. It was a good group, and we had fun. But I had to kill that game when I had a business trip that lasted the better part of a year. When I got back I started a Roll20 campaign that lasted for a while, but eventually that ended too.

I'm an introvert. I don't go out to meet strangers to game with. My gaming always involves someone I know. My last tabletop group was my fiancée, her daughter, a friend, and his wife. My fiancée isn't really a gamer, her daughter is away at university, and my friend and his wife moved away.

My online games have always involved James and/or Pete, guys I've been gaming with since the (junior) high school. James and Pete are both working weird nighttime shifts that make them unavailable to play online.

So that leaves me, a Vagabond GM, wandering around with no one to play with.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad to have unsubscribed. I will give this blog another chance. Resubscribed!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, we've had a recent increase in spam. To address this, I've turned on comment moderation for posts that are over a week old. You can still comment (please do!), but the comment might be invisible until I make it public. This will usually be within 24 hours. Sorry.