Saturday, July 16, 2022

General Update on my RPG Projects

This is a general update on a few different subjects.

Dekahedron (the podcast)

I didn't post the episode yet. There's two reasons for this: 

  1. I sent a rough cut to James for his feedback, and he hasn't listened to it yet. Still. Five days later.
  2. I want to have a few episodes of backlog before we start to post. This will cover us for when we can' record (like when I have to work a weekend, or one of us has vacation, etc.)

We also didn't get to record an episode this morning. I had an unexpected family event pop up, and James had computer issues. I hope we can find some time this week.

On the other hand, I got some other stuff done for the podcast:

  1. I got a "feedback line" where listeners can call in voice feedback. I like phone numbers that spell something, I almost got (XXX)-OLD-TREK, (XXX)-POD-CAST, and (XXX)-FIGHTER, but in the end I picked (XXX)-RPG-CAST. (Note: XXX is not the actual area code.  The area code was different for each number).
  2. I switched the dekahedron.com's email provider away from Google. This let me set up a "feedback@" email address for listeners to email us.

Dekahedron (the RPG)

Before it was a podcast, Dekahedron was a a public domain RPG that I created decades ago. It never gained any traction, so I'm finally pulling the plug. I'll be archiving the rules off of the website, and switching the site to support the podcast.

Clout RPG

Speaking of pulling plugs, I'm also killing off my Clout RPG. This one was never finished, and most of the ideas have been incorporated into Lucky 7.  The domain name expires in a few months, so I'm just going to let it disappear.

Lucky 7 RPG Engine

Lucky 7 is now a stand-alone RPG ruleset. Work continues on the draft.

Unlucky 13 House Rules

Unlucky 13 is an expansion of (or a set of house rules for) OSR style games. it is pretty much Lucky 7 for B/X. Work continues.

Crowfield/U.S.S. Crowfield Settings

These are just campaign settings for my own use to run games in. I'm not killing them off.

Commonwealth of Man Setting

Commonwealth of Man is my space-opera (the genre, not the ill-named RPG) campaign that replaced the Astral Web. Technically speaking, the U.S.S. Crowfield setting takes place on a planet in the Commonwealth of Man. I'll be updating this campaign and making some posts about it. 

This Blog

I still plan on making weekly posts here!

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, we've had a recent increase in spam. To address this, I've turned on comment moderation for posts that are over a week old. You can still comment (please do!), but the comment might be invisible until I make it public. This will usually be within 24 hours. Sorry.