Friday, May 20, 2022

Proof that D&D Occurs in the Star Trek Universe

It's no secret that I like mixing elements of Star Trek into my fantasy world. I've written about it here and here. I have various reasons why I feel that this is justified, but let me give you proof that the world of D&D is set in the Star Trek universe.

Orcs

This is a picture of orcs from the 1977 AD&D Monster Manual. It was drawn by David C. Sutherland III. Fans refer to it as the "pig faced orcs" drawing. This led to some people calling them "Porcs."

Tellarites

This is a picture of Ambassador Gav, a Tellarite. The picture is from Star Trek's 1967 episode "Journey to Babel." Tellarites are one of the five founding races of the Federation.

Conclusion

Clearly, pig-faced orcs and Tellarites are the same species!

And what's with Vulcans and Elves both having those pointy ears?

Epilogue

That's all for this week.  Just a fun little post.

1 comment:

  1. It's encouraging to know that these two species (humans and pig-faced orcs), which would often clash, are united in the future of their races!
    Also, can't argue with that proof!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, we've had a recent increase in spam. To address this, I've turned on comment moderation for posts that are over a week old. You can still comment (please do!), but the comment might be invisible until I make it public. This will usually be within 24 hours. Sorry.