Friday, March 25, 2022

Quick & DIrty

This week I stumbled across something called The GLOG. That only took me six years. Apparently there a little gaming subculture around it.

What I found interesting is that it doesn’t try to present all the rules. It pretty much says “hey! You know how to play D&D. I don’t need to tell you that. I’m only going to tell you what’s different!” Brilliant.

That made me think that I should do this for the house rules that I use to play Crowfield. The resulting booklet would then serve as the basis for a full Crowfield booklet later.

I’ve always planned to call the Crowfield/Clout/Unlucky 13 books the “Player’s Guide” and the “Referee’s Handbook.” This is a riff on the original AD&D books Players Handbook and Dungeon Masters Guide. The booklet I have in mind, being stripped down, would be the “Quick & Dirty Player’s Guide.”

I made this mockup of a cover:


I couldn't resist the wordplay in the tagline: "A guide to the Crowfield house rules for quick & dirty players."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, we've had a recent increase in spam. To address this, I've turned on comment moderation for posts that are over a week old. You can still comment (please do!), but the comment might be invisible until I make it public. This will usually be within 24 hours. Sorry.